The Walter Carrington Educational Trust Ltd. collects the following information:
- When you contact us by any means with queries, etc. we collect contact information such as name and the means of contact (telephone no., email address, address) you provide.
- When you sign up to our email newsletter we collect name, email address and IP address. All our email newsletters come with a ‘unsubscribe’ facility and when you unsubscribe all such information is deleted.
- When you engage with us on social media such as Facebook or Twitter. You can unsubscribe at any time from these and we do not keep any information.
- When you make a purchase by email or in person and provide name and address and email address for the purpose of a receipt and/or delivery of goods (transaction-based data). Such information is part of our bookkeeping records which according to Company Act have to be kept for 10 years with our accounts. After 10 years these are destroyed. In the case of mail order we’ll need to share your name and address with a third party who is providing the delivery (e.g. Royal Mail, a courier).
Please note that if you pay by paypal we do not obtain or have access to any credit card details.
- When you hire a room at our premises and provide name and address and email address for the purpose of a receipt and sign a contract for the hire of the room. Such information is part of our bookkeeping records which according to Company Act have to be kept for 10 years with our accounts. After 10 years these are destroyed.
- When you book to attend an event or workshop which is organised by the Walter Carrington Educational Trust, for example an introductory class or teachers workshop. We collect only such information as is necessary to process the booking. For insurance purpose such information is kept for 8 years.
- When you make a donation to the Walter Carrington Educational Trust Ltd. via Mydonate we keep information you provide for the purpose of making the donation such as name, address and comments. Please note that we do not obtain or have access to any credit card details. Such information is part of our bookkeeping records which according to Company Act have to be kept for 10 years with our accounts. After 10 years these are destroyed.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you or make available on our websites, we collect the information you provide in the survey.
- When you apply to join our teachers training course (the Constructive Teaching Centre) your application form and any further information you give us for the purpose of processing your application is kept for the duration of your training and for a further six months after having finished the teachers training course or having left the teachers training course (whichever is the sooner).
- When you apply for a bursary, sponsored or free lessons and/or workshops, your application form and any further information you give us for the purpose of processing your application is kept:
- in the case of unsuccessful applications: for three months after deciding on applications.
- in the case of successful applications: for six months after having finished the course or course of lessons or having left the course or ceased the course (whichever is sooner).
- When you qualify as a teacher from the Constructive Teaching Centre (CTC) you are invited to join our listing of CTC teachers on our website: www.constructiveteachingcentre.com. This contains your name and teaching contact details such as telephone number and address. You can opt out of this at any time, at which point such information is deleted.
- When you contact us for any purpose not described above such as providing comments, making a complaint, etc., we collect the information you provide us for the purpose of responding to you.
Please note that when you visit any of our website we collect anonymised statistical data such as time of visit, duration of visit, which pages were visited, etc. No personal information is collected.
Please note that when booking private lessons taking place at our premises you are booking with a teacher and not with the Walter Carrington Educational Trust. Contact the teacher for any personal information they may hold on you.
The information is stored on password protected computers and/or lockable cabinets, and only staff has access to them. We do not share personal information with any third party except:
- We may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing.
To ask for your information, please contact the Walter Carrington Educational Trust, Alexander Technique, 13 The Boulevard, Imperial Wharf, London SW6 2UB, or email email@example.com. To ask for your teachers’ listing to be amended, please email us.
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
The Walter Carrington Educational Trust Ltd. is a registered data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), registration no. Z1751055.